October 19, 2012

Gym Motivation of the Day

Happy Friday everyone! On a typical Friday night, I am usually out and about, either shopping or visiting friends. The thought of sitting at home or staying in on a Friday night is awful.  That is usually my last resort.

I love this quote. If you want something you have never had, the you have to do something you have never done. Well, tonight, I am doing something I have never done.

I will be spending my Friday evening at the gym. I haven't been in shape in a very long time. I have to make sacrifices and do things I don't typically do in order to achieve my goal.  I highly doubt I will do this every Friday, but I am happy that I am going to do this tonight.

Waking up this morning and discovering I had gained 6 pounds made me want to quit, give up because clearly I am not losing weight like I had hoped.  It takes 21 days to form a habit and I need   this to be a habit.  Instead of letting this discourage me, I am going to use it to motivate me.

Today, this is what is motivating me to get my buns to the gym....on a Friday:

1. I technically have no other plans, so the gym is better than sitting at home.
2. Today will put me one step closer to my goal.
3. I actually have been enjoying my time spent at the gym.
4. The gym will be empty, it will be nice.
5. I am ready to be able to see changes in how my clothes fit.
6. I want this to become a habit.
7. I will feel happier after a workout.
8. I am ready to feel comfortable in my own skin.
9. I want to be able to run in shorts.
10. I am sick of feeling big.
11. I want to be able to say I finally did it, finally lost weight.
12. I want running to become easier.
13. I want to feel attractive again.
14. I want to be able to run like I used to.
15. I am sick of having a muffin top.

Last but not least,

16. Next time I step on the scale, I want the number to reflect how I feel.

Jess





0 comments:

Post a Comment