October 17, 2012

Gym Motivation of the Day

Every time I have tried to get back in shape or try to start running again, I have always doubted myself.  I gave it an honest try, but I never believed I could actually do it.  Thoughts become things. My Debbie Downer thoughts prevented me from achieving my goals.  No one else was holding me back except myself.

This go around though, I feel strong, confident and giving up is not even an option.  I want this bad and I WILL achieve my goal because I KNOW I can do it. This time, I am not "trying", I am "doing". I'm just going to do it until I get where I want to be.

I find the more I workout and the more I work on myself, I find myself becoming more confident.  There are no changes in the way I look yet, heck, I actually have gained 5 lbs since I started working out.  But, I feel better about myself and I feel more deserving of good things. I deserve to reach my goals. I deserve to have a good day.  I am able to take a compliment without brushing it off thinking they are lying to me. I deserve to get in shape.  I work hard and I am deserving.

Today is one of those days where I am tired, pretty hungry and just want to go home and cuddle with my dogs.  But, I am going to workout with my trainer and kick some butt first. My couch is not going to go anywhere, it will still be there if I go workout first. My dogs may miss me, but I will take them on an extra good walk when I get home.  Working out is something I need to do for myself.

This is what is motivating me to get my big buns to the gym today:

1. I am ready to not have to suck in allllllll the time.
2. I just want to be healthy already!
3. If I quit now, I will seriously regret it.
4. There is no better time than right this second to make changes and get in shape.
5. I am ready to pull all of my designer jeans out of storage and actually fit in them.
6. I want to feel light on my toes.
7. I want to feel proud of myself.
8. I want my rings to fit on my fingers again.
9. I hate having to worry about if I look fat in pictures.
10. I want a thinner neck and face again.
11. I want to love myself more and more.
12. I want to lose weight.
13. I want this to be a lifestyle, something I just automatically do.
14. I don't want my new years resolution to be "get in shape", I want to be already on my way.
15. I am starting to annoy myself about complaining about the way I look.
16. Because working out makes me feel really good.

Last but not least,

17. Today will put me one step closer to my goal of making this a habit, loving myself and getting in shape. 

What motivates you?

Jess

0 comments:

Post a Comment