October 16, 2012

Gym Motivation of the Day

I love this. The hardest part about working out is making it a habit.  For me, I need to make exercise part of my everyday life, otherwise I won't do it.  I liked when exercising was a top priority for me.

Today I am struggling because I have plans with a friend after work, yet I really want to get to the gym.  Do I hang out with my friend then go to the gym? Gym then friend? When will I have time to shower?

Look at these excuses, I am on a roll! Tonight will be hard, but I am determined to exercise before the day is over.

Today, this is what is motivating me at the gym:

1. At lunch today, a coworker of mine told me I look so much thinner than when I started with the company 7 months ago.  I want more comments like this.
2. I not only want others to notice the change, but I want to notice the change within myself.
3. I want my calves to shrink so I can wear all types of winter boots.
4. I have been talking about getting in shape for two years now, I am ready to say I am IN shape.
5. I want to be addicted to working out again.
6. I want to feel really good about myself.
7. I want to run outside again without being embarrassed of the way I look.
8. I want to run a marathon.
9. I want to be able to say "yes" when someone asks me to go running with them.
10. I am sick of giving up.
11. I want to be one of the 'regulars' at the gym.
12. I  just want to be able to write "getting in shape" as one of my accomplishments next year.
13. I am sick of squeezing into jeans.
14. I want to wear tight clothes and feel good in them.
15. I want to look good in our Christmas pictures.
16. I know I am better than this, I deserve to feel good.
17. I want to be apart of the running community again.

Jess

1 comments:

  1. It was great connecting with you yesterday on Twitter! I love this post. I am a very strong advocate of being specific with your goals. "To be dynamic you must be specific."

    Keep up the great blogging! If you're on FB let's connect there as well. http://facebook.com/michaeldmartin

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete