August 14, 2009

The Runner Club


Happy Friday Everyone! Yahoo! I want to blog about runners, not running, runners. Runners have always intimidated me. Not really sure why. They are not only physically strong, but they are mentally strong as well. When I began running, I didn't really want to talk about it. I was running a 12 minute mile and was ashamed. I thought other runners would think they were better than me and make me feel lazy for running so slow. Its like runners had their own club. Have you ever noticed that runners tend to have TONS of running friends all over the world? Intimidating. Runners were like the popular group at school. I always admired them from afar but was way to scared to talk to them. They know everyone and everyone loves them. I was very intimidated by runners.

Now that I am a 'runner', I have joined this so called 'runner club'. The club is much different then I ever imagined. Runners are the most friendly and outgoing people. The runners in this 'running club' are not judgemental. It doesn't matter how fast you run or how far you run. We, the people of this 'running club', share one thing in common, we LOVE to run. We all run for different reasons. We are all different ages and come from all walks of life. We are here to support one another and cheer each other on. Runners like to look on the bright side and like to be optimistic.

Although most of my running friends are on the different side of the country, I feel very close to them. I am so thankful for the people I have connected with on twitter, facebook, dailymile.com and on this blog. I will forever be so thankful for all the support I have received. Sometimes, a lot of time, they are the people who motivate me to get outside and run. I may not have a running partner, but I definitely have the 'runner club' to motivate me.

I am so happy to be apart of this so called "running club". :)

2 comments:

  1. That is such a sweet post! I am glad you are enjoying being "a runner"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make some good points.

    It doesn't matter how fast you run as long as you are running.

    Glad your part of the club.

    ReplyDelete