August 27, 2009

I ♥ Nike

You know what I like? Clothes. When I get a new pair of jeans or a new shirt, I feel like I have an extra spring in my step. Although I may be the only one who knows I am wearing a new shirt, I still feel like a million bucks. Same goes for running clothes. I may be wrong, but I am pretty convinced that new running shirts/shorts make me run faster. Although I am not one of those girls that puts makeup on before I work out, I still like to look good on my runs. Running clothes make me feel good and make me feel better on my runs. I bought new Nike shorts this week as well as a new Nike shirt. New running clothes help me look forward to my runs because I can't wait to wear the new gear! I love looking through my running gear. I can relate each shirt to a different run, they all contain different memories.

When I first started running, I thought running was going to be such an expensive sport. My shoes alone were $150. I was attracted to running in the first place because it was free. I didn't have to pay for a trainer or pay for a class. All I had to do was open my front door and go. The more I got into running, I needed the Nike+, I needed tanks, tights, jackets, socks, Zensah's, CEP's and a fuel belt. Yikes. I don't have a money tree growing in my backyard. I like Nike. Their clothes fit great and I know they will last because they are good quality clothes. I have started looking for Nike gear at Nordstrom Rack, Ross, Marshall's, TJ Maxx. Success! I got my Nike tights for 15 dollars at Nordstrom Rack along with shorts for 15 and a Nike top for 7. Score! I love that I can enjoy running clothes without having to pay a hefty price. My cheap Nike gear works the same as the full price Nike gear from the Nike store.

Ok, so I might be running in last seasons color, but hey, I still look good running in them ;).
I know I am a runner, because I have more running clothes than normal everyday clothes :).

2 comments:

  1. I have a Nike outlet by few miles from home. It's where I can have the best Nike running clothes without waste a fortune. It's my temple, my toy store, where I can walk beside the shells and probably smile like a child :) Each time I get new items, I really look forward to have a run wearing that new stuff. I noticed that as my running skills are getting better, the more I search for technical clothes and somehow, it has a turn on my running mood and I feel like "hey, I am a good runner, I can do 26miles! go, don't give up!". And what a good feeling is wearing a brand new shirt and feel it comfortable! Have a nice running gear! :)
    Roberto

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Rack and Ross are the best places for cheap but quailty running gear!!! I love buying new running stuff. I have more sports bras than regular bras.

    ReplyDelete