August 3, 2009

I AM A RUNNER


Its official. I am a runner. Although I have been running for over a year, I can't say I ever really felt like a runner before. When I wake up in the mornings, I usually wake up with a craving. Normally this craving is for coffee, sugar or chocolate (yes, its possible to crave chocolate at 5am). But this morning, I woke up with a craving for running. It is 8:52 in the morning and all I can think about is how bad I want to hit the pavement later. I can't wait to throw up my hair and toss on my Mizuno's and hit the open road. I have been told runners eat, sleep and breath running. I never understood that (how can you eat running? lol). But I do now. Its all I think about. When I eat, I think about what kinds of foods will help me on my run later. What is going to fuel my muscles for my long run. When I go to bed at night, I think about where I am going to run the next day and how far I am going to run. I don't think about what I am going to wear to work in the morning, I think about what I am going to wear on my run.

I have been eating pretty healthy lately with a couple minor downfalls. My runs have been pretty impressive lately. Eating healthy makes my body feel so good. I used to feel like a greasy potato chip, and how I feel like a fresh pineapple (weird analogy, i know). I feel like 20 billion bucks. I feel awesome. I used to wonder how people could run so much. Now, I wonder why people don't run so much.

I am at a very happy place in my life. I believe running has got me to this happy place. Ask anyone I know, and they will tell you that I was the person who would worry about everything. I would worry and stress about thinks FOR other people, like I was doing them a favor or something. That Jessica has been replaced. If I worry and stress about everything, I am going to miss out on a lot of life. Running has opened my eyes to a new world, a happy and carefree world. I am on top of the world when I run.

Today is the day, I can finally say, I feel like a runner. :)

4 comments:

  1. welcome to the running obsession. Great blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I totally agree. It took me until after my firs half marathon to feel like a runner. I too think about how my actions will affect my run. what I eat or drink, how much sleep I get, everything! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Great post! Amazing how workouts become habits which become a lifestyle. I am a worrier...can totally relate to you there, and running has really helped me to relieve stress...therefore less worrying! Good to know that I'm in such good company in an attempt to get out there and live life to the fullest! :-)

    I am not to the point that you are...yet!
    However, I love how I feel after I run, and that is what makes me want to get up, get out there, and do it all over again...it's the feeling at the end...when I know I have nothing left, gave everything I had to the road. I'm still in the beginning stages of my relationship with running, but I'm hook, line, and sinker! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on getting to that place, Jessica! It's amazing to see how running and fitness can change a person's outlook on life. I hope you continue to have a fantastic relationship with running and that it brings you satisfaction and joy for a long time to come. :)

    ReplyDelete