August 25, 2009

"Hello There Runner Girl :)"

You know what makes me smile? The little things in life. All the little things in life are simply reminders of how wonderful life is. The little things in life that remind me I am a runner truly make my day. This morning, I received an instant message. It was not the 'receiving' an instant message that surprised me, its what it said. It popped up and read "Hello there runner girl :)" from a friend of mine (you know who you are ;). I don't know why, but I about fell out of my chair from smiling so hard. Runner girl. That's right. To see it in writing from someone other than myself was another little reminder, I AM A RUNNER! Something so little, something this person probably has already forgot about, really lit up my day today. I will always remember today, because today is the first time someone else has called me a runner. I am not used to thinking of myself as a runner. I have painted a picture in my mind of what a runner should be. They should be very thin, very motivated, fast, invincible, and most of all, they should never get tired. I am almost none of the above. I have meat on my bones, I have buns of steel, I get tired, and there are many days I doubt myself. But I am strong, I have determination that lasts for miles and miles. Today, I was acknowledged as a runner for the first time. You know who you are, and I thank you for your very small greeting this morning, because I am still smiling :)

Like I said, it is the little things in life that mean the most to me. I like to hold on to the little things that bring me joy. I will keep this greeting in my head and when I feel like giving up on my run tonight, I will remember "Hello there Runner girl :)" and push through until the end!

3 comments:

  1. What a great post! You are most definitely a runner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Do you want to download movie, game or beautiful girls pls visit

    http://llc-movies.blogspot.com
    http://sexylady-asian.blogspot.com
    http://llc-freegame.blogspot.com
    http://over18movie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete