July 31, 2009

Sunsets, Zensah's and Designer Jeans

I was not planning on running today since I ran yesterday and bruised the top of my foot. But once I got home tonight, the sun was setting and it was getting cooler outside, it was too perfect to pass up. My shins were a tad sore so I decided to wear my CEP's on the run. It is so amazing how much the CEP's help! I had no pain on my run. I ran 7.5 miles out and then ran back. Running outside is so much easier than running on the treadmill at the gym. When I run on the treadmill, I am so focused on the time and my speed, which distracts me from my run. Running outside allows me to really stay in tune with my body. I love being outdoors, the treadmill gets so boring.

I really surprised myself today. I didn't think I had enough will in me to go for a run. But I laced up and just did it. Although it was slower than some of my other runs (8 min miles), I can honestly say it was one of my best runs. Not once did I think about how tired I was or what time it was. Since I love my CEP's so much, I decided to buy Zensah calf sleeves. I have heard a lot of good things about them, so I decided to just go for it! I am very excited!!

Now, a little off topic, I went shopping today. I went to Nordstrom to look for a new dress for next weekend. I of course was side tracked by the jeans. There is something about designer jeans that I just can't resist. So, I decided to just try on a couple pairs for fun. So I picked up about 3 pairs and went into the dressing room. Normally I have to do a little jumping action to get into my jeans (I have quite the booty ;) haha). But today was different. I was able to step into my jeans, not jump into them. As i zipped the zipper and buttoned the button, I was almost in tears. The jeans were too big, yes, too big. Although I run to feel good, I run to stay in shape. I have lost 6 pounds in the last three weeks. I didn't really notice it in the mirror, but I can finally say I noticed it when I slipped those jeans over my hips. I am a whole two sizes smaller than I was last month. This was just what I needed, I just needed a little extra motivation this week, and now I have it. I am finally loving the body God has given me, and its about time! :)

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on shedding the lbs and a keep up the good work. It's always great to read about "real runners" and to pick up hints and tips - I've been toying with getting some CEP socks but will snap up a pair now and see if they work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried those before. I tried the recovery socks and am addicted so maybe I need to try these out next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your success with the weight loss!

    Just wanted to say that I'm glad I stumbled upon your blog. I haven't been diagnosed, but I have some OCD tendencies and it's great to hear another person and fellow runner talk about it!

    ReplyDelete