July 31, 2009

My Scattered Friday Thoughts


Happy Friday! Every Friday, I treat myself to Starbucks. Today I just got a drip coffee. I feel like I really appreciate the coffee more when I go only on Fridays. Its just something little to look forward to at the end of the week. This week has been a good week, but I haven't had much motivation to work out and eat healthy. There is no excuse, but I have really been busy.


Although running has been such a relief for me, sometimes it can also be a hassle. When I run, I sweat, a lot. Once I go for a run, then I have to shower which takes for ever. Sometimes I just don't have time after work to run, shower, put makeup back on, dry my hair and style it. I really need to stop convincing myself that running is a hassle. If running is going to be a part of my life, I need to schedule time for it, just as I would schedule time for my friends. I really need to find more motivation this next week and really commit to running and eating healthy. Eating healthy has been a big issue this week. It is my Dad's birthday this week and my 21st birthday next week. I feel like I have been going out to eat all this week, and I am sure I will be doing the same next week. Although I cannot avoid going out to eat, I can limit what I eat and how much I eat.


On a different note, I went to bed last night without organizing the shoes and the clothes in my room last night. I even went to bed with one of my dresser drawers slightly open. I know this sounds lame, but this was huge progress for me. I set my alarm for 5:00am, not 5:06 or 5:22, just 5:00. It is a relief to wake up knowing that nothing bad happened because there was a shoe on the ground or because my dresser drawer was open. It just proves that my thoughts are irrational and only hurt me.


My next goal: Every night I put petroleum jelly on my lips to moisturize. I always, always, always make sure that when I put the lid on, that the letters on the top of the container are right side up, not upside down. My goal today is to be able to use the jelly and just put the lid on and not worry which way the letters on the lid are. This may seem small, but this is a big step to regaining my life back....and I know I can do it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment