July 17, 2009

My Friday Morning Discovery

I have been running and working out for a year and honestly, I haven't been able to say that I have seen a big difference in my body....until today that is :). While I was getting ready for work this morning I made a discovery. I can see, visibly see, my abs. I have abdominal muscles! They have always been covered by (this is gross) a layer of flub. Its nice to know, all of my hard work and dedication is paying off. Although I run to feel good mentally and physically, I also want to look good. I feel like I am making good progress. I think a big part of feeling good is feeling good about your body. I can finally say, I feel good about my body. I still feel like I have a ways to go, but I am making progress. Progress is all I can ask for :).

Also, this whole "lifestyle makeover" is so much harder than I originally thought. I am living at home for a month before I move. My family is naturally very thin and they eat a lot of junk food. They don't have to worry about gaining weight or any thing like that. Having the temptation of junk food 24/4 is so difficult. So far, I have resisted temptation, but it has been very hard. I have realized this lifestyle makeover is definitely not something that is going to happen overnight. It takes 21 days to form a habit, unfortunately I am only on day 2. I feel very confident that I can stick with this, and I think the pay off will be bigger than I ever dreamed.

1 comments:

  1. Seeing progress is the best motivation. And lmao at 'flub'...that's a great word haha!

    ReplyDelete