July 15, 2009

My Love For Running


I fell in love with running one year ago, and am training for my first marathon. I plan to run the Seattle Marathon in November this year. When I was diagnosed with Anxiety, OCD and panic attack disorder a year ago, I sought out different ways to cope with my stress and anxiety. I tried counseling, yoga and medication and nothing did the trick. Since I began running a year ago, I have found a way to relieve my stress and anxiety. When I go for a run, I can block out all other thoughts and completely focus on my body and the pavement in front of me. Running has been such an important part of my life in the past year. I am proud to say I have not had one panic attack since I began running. :)
One year ago, I was running a 12 minute mile, and could barely run a whole mile without stopping to walk. Today, I ran 10 miles at a 6:50 pace.
Running will always be a part of my life. I have learned so much about myself through running. I hope to share my love of running and nutrition with you. :) -JRTRUNR

0 comments:

Post a Comment