July 20, 2009

DailyMile.com

I joined the Dailymile the other day. I was a little skeptical at first. I had a hard time figuring out how to use the website and wasn't sure how often I would actually log onto the site to track my workouts. So, Day 3 using the website, and I am very happy with it. Being able to track my workouts and be accountable to other people is so motivating. People can send "motivation" and comment about your workouts.

After joining Twitter, DailyMile and now this blog, I have realized how important it is to be able to talk to people who have the same interests you do. It is so important to have people in your life who can support you through your training and also people who know exactly what you are going through. I love being able to ask for advice and being able to talk about running and training with other people. The support I have received from Facebook, Twitter, this blog and now DailyMile has been so encouraging and very uplifting.

My next goal is to join a running group and/or find a training partner. I think it would be very motivating to be able to run with someone and train with other people. I am just having a hard time finding people in Seattle that are also looking for training partners. Also, I am really not sure how to go about finding a running group. Wish me luck! :)

(www.dailymile.com/people/jrtrunr) <-- check it out! :)

1 comments:

  1. I thought you'd like dailymile. It has really helped keep me on track for the last couple of months. Good luck finding a running partner that can keep up with you, Speedy!

    ReplyDelete